Maydare Volume 1 Chapter 9 - Potions Class Field Training II (Part 2)

 Makia and gang meet someone important


“Haa, haa, haa...If we run this far, they definitely won’t come after us.”


“I don’t know about that. This place seems to be an island, and if we don’t have a way to get back to the herb garden island, then it’ll be like we’re still in their hands.”


We had escaped to the edge of the coast, but this was a smaller island than I expected. 


Unless we continued to run and find a place to hide, we would be found in time.


But at that moment, Nero pointed to the sky.


I thought there was a dot in the blue sky, but it slowly grew bigger, and by the time I saw that it was a person riding a pegasus flying in the sky, they had gallantly descended.


It was a dignified knight with ultramarine hair, his burly body dressed in the uniform of the royal palace knights.


That knight ran to Airi.


“Are you unharmed, Lady Airi?!” 


He was checking her condition, looking panicked.


“...You’re late.”


However, Miss Airi slapped the knight’s cheek.


It was a loud sound, so we were startled as we watched from the side.


“You’re late, Lionel! You’re my knight, so why didn’t you find me sooner!? I was so scared! I was chanting ‘Save me, save me,’ over and over again in my mind…”


The knight with ultramarine hair suddenly knelt down.


“I am truly sorry! This is my fault as the leader of the Guardians. After losing sight of you in the capital, the entire order has been searching for you everywhere, but the enemy has sent you through countless transference devices to get you to this place…”


“What about Thor!? Why isn’t Thor here!”


Miss Airi interrupted the knight called Lionel as he was talking.


Thor. When Miss Airi said that name, I looked up without thinking.


The knight still had his head down as he said,


“Thor is currently searching another area.”


“...”


Perhaps there was something different from what she had imagined, as Miss Airi breathed a long sigh. 

“It’s fine. I’m...tired. I haven’t eaten anything since yesterday. I can’t wait to go home.”


“...Yes, let us return, Lady Airi.”


“I’m sorry. I understand...it’s because I sneaked out of the palace without permission. I’m sorry, Lionel.”


The knight called Lionel gently hugged the crying Miss Airi. They stayed like that for a while before finally noticing us standing stock still.


“Are you Lune Ruschia students?”


No one was willing to explain, so I answered.


“Yes. We got caught up in a transference spell on the school’s herb garden island, and we got sent to this island. Where exactly is this place?”


“This is an uninhabited island to the southwest, far away from Miladriede. I see. So the enemy installed a transfer device on the herb garden island to travel to and from here…”


The knight called Lionel got a dour look on his face.


“What the hell are those guys? They’re still on the island, those black mask guys.”


The knight suddenly looked up and seemed shocked to see Frey, but his face immediately tightened and he said, “There is no need to worry.”


“My Order has almost arrived.”


Before we knew it, there were knights on pegasi in the sky above us. 


They, bearing the coat of arms of the Order of the Royal Palace, rushed onto the island. We were taken aback by that dynamic sight, but the dark-haired* knight turned towards us again, put his hand to his chest and greeted us.


(TN: For some reason the text says he has brown hair here?)


“I am Lionel Fabray. I am the vice commander of the Order of the Royal Palace, and one of the Guardians protecting Lady Airi.”


“!?”


I had a feeling from the way Miss Airi was acting that he was Thor’s colleague. No, if he was the vice commander then he could be called his superior. And yet, a Guardian…


“We were able to discover this island because of that ‘emergency signal’ light while searching the area. It flew to Lune Ruschia, but in times of emergency, the signal would also be transmitted to us, the Order of the Royal Palace. We hastened here because...we thought it might have something to do with Lady Airi, who had been missing since yesterday and left no trail.”


Sir Lionel asked us several questions, which we answered precisely. He grasped the situation with just that.


“Students. Although you were unintentionally involved in this, you rescued Lady Airi successfully. I cannot thank you enough.”


He bowed again. The vice commander of the Order of the Royal Palace seemed to be a polite and humble person.


“I would like to learn your names, if you don’t mind.”


“...Frey Levi.”


“I’m Nero Pachelbel.”


“My name is Makia O’Drielle.”


Since he might be Thor’s superior, I bent my knees lightly and greeted him politely.


Hearing the name O’Drielle, Miss Airi’s and Sir Lionel’s eyes widened slightly. “I see. ...So it was you.”


Miss Airi muttered with somewhat empty eyes. But soon she was all smiles.


“Hey, Lionel. These kids were amazing! They fought bravely and rescued me. We’ll have to repay them somehow.”


“Yes, precisely, Lady Airi.”


“I think magic school students rescuing the Savior is something wonderful that deserves a medal.”


“...Yes. I shall propose it to His Highness another time.”


And so Lionel put Miss Airi on his pegasus and left us to the care of the pegasi of another order, and we were taken to the royal capital Miladriede. 


Afterwards, the order repeatedly asked us several questions and checked to make sure that we weren’t hypnotized. 


They didn’t explain in detail how they searched the island we were transported to or how much of the enemy they captured, but at the very least, the ringleader escaped. 


It seemed that this uninhabited island had several of those foreign transfer devices set up on it, and the ringleader must have been able to escape quickly. Who exactly were those black masked villains in the first place…?


Since we were students, we could not be informed or involved in this matter any further. Eventually, the professors came to pick us up at the palace, and we were able to return to Lune Ruschia the next day.


“Everyone, are you all okay!?”


“Lapis!”


Lapis, who we were separated from in the cave, was safely at school.


When we found each other, we hugged.


“Thank goodness you’re okay as well! You’re not hurt or anything, are you!?”


“No, not at all. I’m rather sorry that I couldn’t do anything, even though I know transference magic well.”


Lapis didn’t look very good.


She must have been so scared for so long after we disappeared from that place. She might not have been able to eat or sleep much. We caused her to worry greatly.


“It’s all over...we weren’t able to hand in the potion, and our ranking is dead last. I’m captured by Team 1 now.”


At the same time, Nero’s face is filled with grim resolve. So much that Frey even wrapped his arm around his shoulders and comforted him with, “Well, whatever happens, happens.” 


“Don’t look like it’s the end of the world, Nero! This time we were caught up in a strange incident, so it must not count.”


I also desperately comforted him. As the team leader, I couldn’t let go of a valuable team member.


“Oh, are you talking about that? I submitted the Pon eye drops we made right on time. Not all the team members could make it back in time, but Professor Medite said he would rate us based on those eye drops.”


“Eh…”


A few seconds later,


“L-Lapis~~!!”


We hugged Lapis with gratitude and respect. Nero was relieved from the bottom of his heart, and Frey was grinning. 


The first field training session for us Team 9 was successfully completed, and we had completed our task.


“Even so, we’ve had a rough time of it. ...That captive princess was cute, though.”


“Frey, aren’t you an older lady killer?”


“By my judgment, that girl’s older. Her clothes are weird and she was saying some things that made no sense, but daydreaming, helpless, and selfish older ladies are pretty great too.”


“...”


I didn’t care about Frey’s preferences, but it was true that she was older. She was originally a high school third-year.


Frey’s instincts were sharp for this kind of thing.


Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter! It seems that thor told Airi about Maika

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog