Maydare Volume 5 Other Side: Kanon, Standing in this World of Salvation.

 The end of the main story! Actually this novel contains several short stories that were written previously so it's not the end of the volume yet!

Someone asked if there's a discord for this series: I don't think there is one but if there is (or if someone is making one) then I'll be happy to promote it. There's also a subreddit but it's pretty dead.


Previous | TOC | Next

Mayday, mayday, mayday.


Who decided the name of this world in the first place?


Now〈I〉was the only one who remembered.




Long, long ago, in the depths of despair, ten children cried out, “Save us,” and were summoned to a world without a name.


There were seven boys and three girls.


All that was there were the sky, the earth, and the giant tree that seemed to connect them.


Was this a world before it was born? Or a world after the end?


The ten children were bestowed with〈magical powers〉by the tree that had become their mother, and were allowed to play in this world.


Who would have thought to let children create the world?


It was precisely a child’s toy box.


A miniature garden with no adults to scold them.


They were all children who came to this world after screaming “Save me” at the depths of their despair.


The world was created according to the children’s fantasies and as they wished, taking shape at their will.


A child’s heart was the root of magic and held unlimited power.


The power of a strong wish can turn 0 into 1.



At least, that was what this world,〈Maydare〉, is like.



At the same time, however, in a world without adults to serve as role models, the ten children grew up day by day and ceased to become children.


They awakened to ego, desire, love, and so on.


Small misunderstandings, someone’s selfishness, feelings of love that didn’t bear fruit, jealousy…


These smouldering feelings led to more disputes and fights, which in turn led to factions and conflicts that eventually turned into an unstoppable war.


Just like children throwing tantrums, throwing their toys and breaking them.


They used magic, and after all the fighting, destroyed the world they had created.


And then, standing on the empty earth, they finally regretted what they done and decided to start the world over from scratch.


They even bound themselves with all kinds of rules in order to protect this new world.



Mayday. Mayday. Mayday.



They had no place to belong.


They wanted to be saved.


They wanted to be happy, and they were supposed to have kept calling out “Save me!” “Help me!” and come to this world as though clinging to it.


So how did things turn out this way?


***

The God of Creation - Para Acromeia・・・Silver King・・・(Unknown)


The God of Space-Time - Para Chrondor・・・Black Demon King・・・(Thor)


The Goddess of War - Para Magiriva・・・Scarlet Witch・・・(Makia)


The Goddess of Harvest - Para Demetris・・・Green Priestess・・・(Perselyse)


The God of Spirits - Para Yutis・・・White Sage・・・(Ulysses)


The Goddess of Fate - Para Pusima・・・Wisteria Princess・・・(Shatoma)


The God of Law and Order - Para Tritania・・・Archbishop of Holy Ash・・・(Eska)


The God of Victory - Para Grandia・・・Yellow Dragon General・・・(Unknown)


The God of Calamity - Para Eris・・・Blue Jester/Azure Consort・・・(Unknown)


The God of Death and Memory - Para Hadefis・・・Gold King/Savior of Fraxinus・・・(Kanon)


“Just…three people left.”


With the capsules containing the three eyes before me, I sank into my chair and stared up at the ceiling of my dark room.


It was prophesied by Perselyse, the〈Green Priestess〉who lived in the Holy Land, that the all the reincarnations of the〈First Ten〉would appear in this age like the stars aligning.


The Green Priestess spoke the will of the “Great Tree Vabilophos,” which had existed in this world since the beginning, on its behalf and made prophecies, so there was no doubt about it.


In this era, there were three remaining〈Lord-class Magicians〉that haven’t been identified yet.


But as soon as they are identified, I would be killing them all.


I would kill them, return their souls to the World Tree Vabilophos, and then wait for their rebirth.


And when they were born again, I would kill them again.


That was my promise with you all.


My promise with you.


Even if everyone forgot me, only I remembered everything.




The〈First Ten〉, who once destroyed the world they had created through war, regretted their mistake in the face of a world that had been utterly destroyed, and decided to remake the world one more time.


But in the world they ruled, they repeated the same things all over again.


Nevertheless, this〈magical power〉was given to them to guide the world, and if they were gone, Maydare wouldn’t be able to function either.


If that was the case, then they must be reborn as ordinary humans, have a moderate impact on the world, and then gracefully disappear from the world.


However, each time they are reborn, their memories of the〈Promise〉fade away more and more, and they could no longer understand why they musy die.


Therefore, there was a need for someone to find them in this wide world, kill them without hesitation, and collect their souls.



That was me, Kanon Pachelbel.



Of the ten of us, I was the only one who was able to inherit all the memories.


That was the〈magical power〉I was given.


Because of that, I ended up shouldering the role of the god-slaying reaper.


Thousands of years had passed since the age of myths.


The only previous life they could remember was the one before at most, but I remembered them from all eras.


I’ve killed, killed, and killed them over and over again.


I will never forget the ways I did it, or even their dying looks or words.


I used every position appropriate to the times to hunt them down and kill them.



A thousand years ago, I was the king of a country.


I fought against the tyrant of the time, the〈Silver King〉, and as a result, I left my name in history as the〈Gold King〉.



Five hundred years ago, I was a hero. Everyone knew who the〈Savior of Fraxinus〉was.


That was one of the privileges granted to me since the age of myths. I used the〈Savior System〉and became a Savior by way of a different world.


I thought that was the most effective and correct way to defeat the〈Black Demon King〉,〈Scarlet Witch〉, and〈White Demon King〉of this era.



Three hundred years ago, I was a nameless reaper.


I built a good relationship with the〈Wisteria Princess〉and〈Archbishop of Holy Ash〉who appeared in this era, watched over their ideals from the side, and made their deaths meaningful and accepted by the people. 


I was able to build a good relationship with them because the compassionate Wisteria Princess and the Archbishop of Holy Ash, who knew my situation, showed me the greatest understanding.



I always thought about how I could kill you all with certainty and carried those plans out.


Even so, there were times when I made mistakes.


There were times when things went wrong.


Killing you guys was, well, not easy.


When you guys repeatedly reincarnate and I find you in this world called Maydare, I always felt a mixture of happiness and sadness.


And after killing my former friends with my own hands, I was severely exhausted.


There was no end to this role.


Even so, in order to fulfill this promise with you all, I am standing in this〈World of Salvation〉.

Previous | TOC | Next

Comments

  1. eyy, thank you for the tl so far OP, see you after may

    ReplyDelete
  2. why they musy die. (must die)

    and〈White Demon King〉of this era. (White Sage)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for TLing this series, see you again after May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man Kanon really is severely exhausted, i hope that this would be the last time all of them reincarnate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again thank you for the TL, and see you after maydare month 🫡
      Me too, if there is a discord server i really would love to talk about maydare with everyone...

      Delete
  5. Hi! Will this novel get any more updates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but I'm still not done reading volume 6 yet. I should be finished this week or the next and then get started on translation.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog