Maydare Volume 1 Chapter 8 - Potions Class Field Training I (Part 3)

 Makia and gang find someone in the place they're transported to

“...Nnn…”


When I opened my eyes, I was in an unfamiliar forest.


Nero and Frey were lying right next to me, and I shook the two of them.


“Hey, hey, get up!”


The two quickly regained consciousness and slowly got up. They didn’t seem to be hurt.


“Hey, Lapis isn’t here. What should we do…”


“Calm down, Makia. We probably got caught up in a transference magic spell.”


“Transference magic? Does that mean we were transported to another place like how Lapis moved that rock somewhere else?”


“Yes. Lapis knows transference magic, which is probably why she was able to repel the transference magic that the device triggered. But we got caught up in it.” 


“I feel like crap. ...Where are we?”


Frey looked sick from the effects of the transference magic. Since he was blessed by【Earth】, he was weak against this kind of travel.


“It’s possible that this isn’t even the herb garden island.”


As Nero looked around, he put his hand to his eyes and checked the magical power in our surroundings.


His contact lenses seemed to still have the information about the magical power that resided on the herb garden island where we had just been, and it didn’t seem to match up with this place. 


The same metal pillar that had been in the cave earlier was at the base of a stump next to us. This was probably what linked that cave with this place.


However, it didn’t start up no matter how much we touched or hit it. It activated so easily earlier though.


But we must not panic. I broke the glass ball of the “magic signal light” the school had given us for just such occasions. The light shot out from it and flew towards Lune Ruschia.


“Judging from the direction the light flew, Lune Ruschia must be north. In that case, we’re probably on an island that’s even further from Miladriede. But with this, sooner or later, the teachers from the school will be looking for us.”


“I wonder how soon will the teachers be here.”


“Well...I guess it’ll depend on the distance. What if it’s tomorrow…”


Nero was in low spirits.


It was no wonder. If we couldn't get back in time, then we would have failed to complete the task. 


There might be help on the way, but at the very least, we lost the competition against Beatrice. After all that effort to make those high quality Pon eye drops…


“Hey, there’s a hut over there.”


Frey spotted a hut a little further down the road.


We hurried to the front of the hut. It was quiet and there was no sign of anyone, but we knocked on the door anyway. If there was anyone there, we might be able to find out where we were…


“No one has come out. I wonder if it’s a vacant house.”


“No...there’s someone inside. Someone with a great amount of magic. It’s the same magic that was flowing in the cave.”


Nero narrowed his eyes as though he was staring fixedly at the other side of the door.


His contact lenses could visually capture the flow of magical power, so he seemed to have detected the presence of human magic in this house.


“The door’s locked. It’s got a crazy strong lock spell.”


 “If it’s a lock spell, then let me do it. I’m much better at that sort of thing.”


Nero crouched down and covered the keyhole with his hand.


All he did was close his eyes once and quickly open them, and the lock clicked open. 


Without a ring or wand, and no incantation. He read the mechanism of the magic being used with the lenses affixed to his eyes, and removed it like he was untangling a tangled ball of yarn. And, he was very quick.


What was amazing about it was the fact that he was so quiet that it didn’t look like he did anything amazing.


“You’re suddenly getting pretty motivated, aren’t ya, Quiet Kid.”


“If we don’t make it back at this rate, I’ll have to join Team 1.”


“You really don’t want that, I see…”


While feeling grateful for Nero’s quiet desperation, I pushed the unlocked door open and said “Excuse us…”, and then went inside. It was trespassing, but I hoped we would be forgiven as this was an emergency situation. Our backs were somewhat cautiously bent, so that we could escape when necessary.


“Nero, where is the person with that magical power?”


“...That room.”


Nero pointed to a room at the end of the hallway.


After taking a deep breath, I opened the door.




“Oh…? You aren’t the bad people who kidnapped me.”




To our surprise, there was a girl tied up in ropes.


With the light streaming in from the window behind her, she wore an air of mystery.


“...What…”


I looked at the girl, and my eyes slowly widened.


Or rather, I doubted my eyes. That very, very nostalgic blazer uniform…


Large, brownish-black eyes with a soft impression. On her chestnut-colored short bob, there was a light blue flower hairpin. It was a different color from the one I used to wear often in my previous life. 


She was tied up in ropes, but she didn’t seem to be in pain, and she was sitting in a corner of the room. 


“What the hell is this? There’s a girl tied up with ropes...is it that kind of play?”


“Don’t be stupid. That lock magic was the real thing. She’s being imprisoned here.”


“I was obviously joking! But running into a kidnapping right after we got transported here, I got a bad feeling about all this. Oi, Leader, why are you keeping quiet...Leader?”


Nero and Frey raised their eyebrows and looked curiously at each other because I, who was always nagging, was silent the whole time, and probably staring hard at the game with my mouth half-open. 


“Hey, where did you guys come from?”


The girl’s light question was answered by Frey.


“We’re Luna Ruschia students. And you?”


“I’m from the royal palace. I was feeling suffocated, so I slipped out of the palace and went for a walk on the streets of Miladriede, when I was suddenly kidnapped by villains in black masks. But it can’t be helped. I’m...the ‘protagonist’ after all.”


And then with an “Ah”, as though she just remembered, she gave her name.


“My name is Airi. I came from another world. Earth’s Japan, it’s called, but...I guess you wouldn’t know it.”


The girl giggled, but...I knew it. I knew what kind of place Earth’s Japan was.


And I knew this girl and her real name very well.




Tanaka Airi.


My friend from my past life, and the girl who came to like the same person I did.



Comments

  1. thanks for the chapter! cant wait to see what happens after this cliff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog