Maydare Volume 1 Chapter 4 - Lune Ruschia Magic School (Part 3)




Girls’ Dorm Room 2020. I stood in front of an old-looking, white-painted wooden door.


The room number was written on an antique black doorplate, and there was a piece of paper with names written on it next to the door. Below my name,


“Lapis Twilight?”


An unusual name that was not heard often was written. I smoothed my hair slightly. 


“First impressions are important, first impressions are important.”


Muttering that like an incantation, I entered the room.


I didn’t make a good first impression anyway, so I did my best to put on an amiable smile.


“...”


Pure white walls and an oak floor. There was no one in the room, which only had a desk and chairs made of the same oak wood and an old-fashioned magical lamp in the center of it, even though the windows were left open. 


The yellow setting sun shined through the swaying light blue curtains. There was a wide balcony that formed a semicircle, and I was a little happy. There were an olive tree and a potted mint plant on the balcony. If it was this wide, I could grow many other things as well.


“Hmm…?”


I heard a strange creaking metallic sound in the neighboring room. It seemed to be the bedroom, so I peeked in.


There were two beds. A girl was standing between them.


She seemed to have opened the window just then, as her long black hair flowed in the window.


“Ah…”


It was almost dusk. It smelled like that.


My best smile turned into a look of surprise in an instant.


When she glanced over at me, I couldn’t help but think that she somewhat looked like Thor as I was pierced by her deep dark-purple eyes. 


Her eyes weren’t a brilliant violet color like Thor’s, but she had black hair and her overall appearance had a close resemblance to him.


“Hello.”


The girl greeted me in a hushed voice, like she was whispering.


“H-hello!”


I also returned the greeting with my trunk in hand.


Upon closer inspection, I saw that she was wearing a long black dress with sleeves even on such a warm day. 


Her waist-length black hair was in a loose braid, and when she walked, the hair at her sides that spilled out brushed against her white skin, making her even more mysterious and beautiful. However, I found it strange how every time she stepped on the floor, there was a creaking metallic sound like I heard earlier. Was she wearing metal shoes?


“My name is Lapis Twilight.”


“I, I’m Makia O’Drielle.”


I was strangely nervous. When I held out my hand, she widened her eyes slightly and slowly grasped my hand, looking somewhat bewildered. 


Her hand was strangely cold. And it was trembling. 


She was very calm as far as exchanging words went, but maybe she was nervous too?


“Where are you from? I’m from Deliafield.”


“I...am from the Frezier Empire. I’m a foreign student.”


“Wow, Frezier!”


The Frezier Empire was a large country in the west, and it was a close ally of Ruschia.


It was a prosperous military state that had lots of flying battleships and the like. If I remember correctly, they had a young queen governing the country in lieu of its king, who was bedridden from illness.


”I knew someone who looks like you. He has the same black hair and purple eyes, and he was also from Frezier. Are those common there?”


“...Someone who looks like me?”


The girl tilted her head.


“Is that so. That’s a very interesting story.”


She gave a small smile with her adult-like eyes. Right at that moment, a young black cat slipped by her feet. “Wah!” I jumped.


“Oh, did he surprise you? I’m sorry.”


“Who’s, who’s this?”


“This is my familiar, a night cat. His name is Noah. He’s a very good kitty. His spirit element is【Darkness】.”


“No way, you’re already using spirits!?”


“Yes. It is necessary for the family business, so I know how to summon spirits.”


At magic school, it was customary to summon your own familiar spirit in the first class, but this girl had already learned that art and had a spirit accompanying her. ...Amazing!


Noah the night cat also had light purple eyes with a gray tinge, and he settled down at Lapis’ feet with a composed expression. Their species were different, but their overall coloration was the same, and they looked like brother and sister.


Lapis picked up Noah and showed me his face.


When I stroked his glossy fur and stroked his chin, he squinted his eyes in pleasure. He was really cute.


“Many of the Twilight clan’s familiars are cats.”


“They say familiars are strongly drawn to the blood of a family. My father has a crow, and my mother has a snake. That’s why I think I’ll probably get a crow or snake too, but…”


But, there’s also the possibility that it could be completely different. I didn't know what spirit would come to me, but I wanted to summon and use a familiar as soon as possible.


Whether it was a snake or crow, I’ll fully love any spirit that came to me.


“Um, Makia.”


I was a bit surprised at being called by my name so naturally.


“I have been told to go pick up my uniform today. Shall we go together, Makia? It seems like the dorm leader is handing them out.”


“Yes. let’s go!”


There was something nostalgic about this feeling of leading a school life with a classmate. 


Even in my past life, I had a school friend. We were very close and always together, but in the end, we liked the same person, and I had complicated feelings.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog