Maydare Volume 1 Chapter 3 - The Night of the Meteor Shower (Part 4)

 Magic school will finally start in the next chapter! Who do you think the Savior is? Wrong answers only.



The next day, Father told me this.


“Makia, calm down and listen to me. Thor has been summoned to the capital.”


This was a situation I hadn’t anticipated.


“That child was chosen. As one of the four Guardians who will protect the ‘Savior’ from another world. The Bigreitz family has adopted Thor and they have kindly sent him to the capital with their support. This is the best for Thor. From now on, he will become an existence that is exceedingly distant from us.”


“Wait...Please wait a minute. I don’t...understand what you’re saying, Father.” 


I shook my head many, many times.


“Where is Thor? I’ve been wanting to see him since yesterday. And, there’s something I want to tell him…”


“Makia… Yes, let me put this bluntly. You must give up on Thor.”


“...”


“That child is no longer your knight, and he is no longer a pupil of the O’Drielle house or a servant. By being chosen by the stars, he has acquired a position higher than us. From now on, we can’t have a part in his life.”


I couldn’t answer back with anything. I had no way to. 


Did that mean, in short, that I would be separated from Thor?


“You were the one who found Thor. You gave him his name as well. As I thought, you are a witch who can bestow a fated name. Just like our ancestor, the ‘Scarlet Witch.’”


“...Name.”


That’s right. I was the one who gave Thor his name.


I unconsciously gave him the same name as the person I liked in my past life…


“Makia?”


While pressing my hand against my throbbing chest, I ran out.


I flew out of the Bigreitz mansion and right then, I saw the carriage leaving from the mansion’s gate.


Thor was riding in the carriage. His profile was somewhat dark.


“Wait, Thor! Thor!!”


Without being able to convey my feelings to the one I liked in my past life, I died with many regrets.


In that case, I had to make sure. Who exactly are you?


Because I still didn’t know a thing about the true nature of these feelings that were supposed to be dimly lit.


“Thor…!”


But, the carriage didn’t stop. I tried to use magic to chase after him, but I was stopped by Father behind me, and just like that, Thor was gone. To far, far away.


“Why. Why…, Father!”


“Thor has a role he must play. I’ll explain it all to you, so just bear with me for now, Makia.”


“...No…!”


I couldn’t accept it at all.


“No no no! I’m getting Thor back. No matter what it takes!”


I was different from the past life me. I wouldn’t let go of what was important to me, and if there was someone who would steal it away, I would stop them with all my power. I was the descendant of that kind of witch.


However, Father embraced me tightly, wrapping me who was on the verge of going on a rampage up. 


“Please give up, Makia.”


His tone was severe, but it was probably also difficult for Father. Letting go of Thor.


It was because he loved him so much that he decided to give him up for adoption to the Bigreitz family.




Afterward, Father taught me about the “secret” of the night where stars fell in detail.


It was the legend of the Savior, handed down since ancient times in the Kingdom of Ruschia.


On the night where stars fall, the sound of good tidings shall inform the arrival of the Savior from another world.

At the same time, four stars shall scatter and select the four Guardians who shall become the Savior’s shield.

The Crests of the Four Lights shall gather under the golden sword and pledge their loyalty.

 The Savior shall head to the Holy Land, Vabel, and guide the chaos-embroiled Maydare to stability.



It was just like a story I heard somewhere. 


This legend was intentionally replaced by another story, and the details were concealed. However, in actuality, it seemed that several Saviors had landed in Maydare up to now.


In this world, there was a fairytale called “The Hero of Fraxinus” that everyone knew.


It was the story of a brave young man who gathered four companions and defeated the three evil magicians. This was an example of a Savior legend that was based on a true story and left behind, and that brave young man was indeed the “Savior of Fraxinus” who descended from another world. 


Thor was chosen to be in the same position as the “four companions” who appear in this fairytale.


Officially, he was the “Guardian” with a mark over his heart who helped the Savior.


Apparently, he was chosen by the guidance of the meteors on the night the stars fell.


“You must give up on Thor.”


I finally understood what Father said.


To put it simply, Thor was no longer my knight. He wasn’t an existence to protect me.


Even though he said he would be by my side forever, the world didn’t allow that.

Thor was already destined to pledge his absolute loyalty to the Savior from another world, and to protect them with his own body.




After a short time, I overheard Father telling Mother that the Savior was found by the Ruschia royal palace and taken under their protection. Apparently, she was a girl around the same age as me.


Thor had become a knight who would protect a “girl” from another world—someone who wasn’t me.




Comments

  1. I hate myself for rereading this character with Inuyasha sad instrumental music in the background. I already knew the character was coming near and yet why do I do this to myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog