Maydare Volume 5 Side Story: Makia, the Little Witch on the Other Side of the Mirror.



My name is Makia O’Drielle. I’m twelve years old.


I am the descendant of the villainous〈Scarlet Witch〉, who left her name in Maydare’s history, and a magician-in-training who’s expected to have a bright future.


In addition, I am also the daughter of a baron.


“Milady, what are you doing looking at yourself in the mirror? Are you doing fortune-telling? Asking who’s the most beautiful in the world?”


The servant, Thor, asked me through the mirror.


Thor was a boy who was one year older than me. His black hair and violet eyes were very rare in this country, and because he possessed great magical power, he was taken in as a disciple and servant of the O’Drielle house.


Even though he was only a year older than me, he was already quite tall and a maturely handsome boy.


“Hey, Thor, do I really look that mean?”


After staring at my face with a wrinkled brow in the mirror, I folded my arms and groaned, then asked Thor that simple question.


“It’s far too late for this question now. Why?”


“I was invited to a tea party at an earl’s house the other day. A child of that family tripped and started crying. I used magic to heal her injuries, but the adults thought that I used magic to make her cry.”


I puffed out my cheeks. Even that face looked somewhat impudent.


“Mmm, I can’t say I don’t understand why. Milady is pretty, but your eyes are angled upwards like a cat’s, you’re so pale that you look bloodless, and your small lips are red like an apple. You look very witchy, if you ask me.”


Thor toyed with my puffed-out cheeks from behind by squeezing them.


All the tension was drained, and he had the nerve to laugh at my funny-looking face in the mirror.


I'm supposed to be his master, but…?


“Isn’t that fine? Being feared is a magician’s honor. You are the descendant of the most feared witch in Maydare. Be more confident.”


“I know, Thor. I’m just sick of being treated like the bad guy every time.”


“Hmm. Then, I’ll praise you on the mirror spirit’s behalf.”


“Forcing yourself to compliment me won’t make me happy.”


I folded my arms and looked straight up with a sullen look and saw Thor looking down at me.


My sea-blue eyes and his violet eyes met, and for a moment, I saw a glimpse of pure magic.


“I know, Milady.”


“...What are you talking about, Thor?”


“I don’t dislike your face, Milady.”


Thor narrowed his eyes and smiled a devilish smile that didn’t look like it belonged to a thirteen-year-old.


This is what I’m talking about…


This side of him is what captivated everyone from young girls to old women. He was unintentionally imbued with such magic.


The last time I almost lost Thor to the duke’s daughter Sumilda with her money and power, but I cursed her with nightmares and made her give up.


He could be cocky and annoying at times, but I would never let Thor go. No matter what happened, no matter who it was, if he was taken from me, I would only take him back.


“Well, okay. Thor, please make me a cup of milk coffee. And add lots of honey.”


“Very well, Milady. That’s right, there’s an apple cake made by the Mistress in the kitchen. Would you like to have it?”


“I want it, I want it! Ah, I get hungry when I feel bothered. Magicians get strange thoughts when they run out of sugar.”


“I keep telling you to at least eat a piece of chocolate before you go on a rampage.”


“What’s with that fed-up look on your face? And I’m not rampaging! Come on, get me my milk coffee and apple cake! I’m going to cut your pay!”


“What a terrible master I have. Well, it’s still a hell of a lot better getting chained up.”


Thor shook his head with a troubled smile.


In the past, Thor was sold into slavery and treated terribly. I happened to discover him and bought him out. That was only a year ago.


Thor left the room and I looked in the mirror again.


It reflected a little witch in a red dress.


Even though she was just acting normal, she had a slightly cold face.


Even when she tried to make a smile, it would look like the smile of an evil witch who seemed to be plotting something.


I wondered if my notorious ancestor ever worried about similar things.


But, well…as long as Thor knew the truth about me, then everything’s fine.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog