Maydare Volume 1 Chapter 3 - The Night of the Meteor Shower (Part 1)

A very short one this time, sorry! I've been busy with exams but I should have a longer one up soon!



Three years have passed. A lot happened.


For instance, Thor and I trapped my uncle on my mother’s side into a pit and caused him to break his bones.


For instance, I punished the pirates who were selling slaves in the port city of Kartedt once again.


For instance, I cursed a duke’s daughter who wanted Thor as her own knight with nightmares…


For some reason, I had nothing but a bad reputation spread about me, but as long as I was with Thor, I wasn’t scared of anything, and we competed for good and bad things together. 


Through this and that, I turned fourteen, and Thor turned fifteen.


I was still child-like, but Thor was tall enough to look like an adult, becoming more and more of a ladykiller.


“Haa...that guy’s so sly.”


When Thor went out in town, young girls cried out to him shrilly.


He had completely mastered gentlemanly behavior and smiling politely.


“Hey, Thor, please stop being so pointlessly amiable with all the girls.”

“It can’t be helped, milady. The O’Drielle house is prone to bad rumors. You have to be as amiable as I am.”

“...Certainly, I’m getting bashed with plenty of malicious gossip behind my back just today alone. Saying how it’s disgusting that I’m having you follow me around, looking like I owned you. Saying how pitiful you are.”

“Oh, milady, am I pitiful?”

“I don’t know. Ask yourself that!”

Today, we came to the Kingdom of Ruschia’s third-largest city, Delhague, for Father’s work.

This was the Bigreitz family’s domain, a duchy, and Father was an advising magician to the Bigreitz family.

“Tomorrow is the duke’s ball. Thor, when we get home, we must hold dance lessons again. Dancing is the only thing you’re bad at, after all.”

“Understood. I don’t want to embarrass myself either… But it’s depressing...”

“Oh, look, Thor. How cute!”

There were all sorts of street booths lined up next to each other on the crowded main street, and I stopped at a shop that sold accessories made of natural stones. None of them were expensive, but the eastern design was so original and unique that I couldn’t help but stare at it a little.

“Is there something you want? I can buy it for you, if you wish?”

“It’s, it’s fine. I hadn’t fallen so low as to have a servant buy something for me.”

“But, milady, today is your fourteenth birthday. You were happily able to meet me, so it was the luckiest day of your life.”

“...You’ve even become able to say that, huh.”

Mmm, well, if you insist~, then the light hue of these red crystal teardrop-shaped earrings is quite pretty~.

I appraised the items, not as annoyed as I seemed, and then…

“Kyaaaaa! Purse snatchers! Somebody stop them~!”

I heard a high-pitched scream from the main street. There were scoundrels even in cities that were as greatly managed as this one.

Apparently, two men were on the run after stealing a middle-aged woman’s bag, and there were no guards nearby.

“Thor.”

“Yes, milady.”

I ordered, and Thor gripped the sword handle at his hip and flew out.

And then, using his specialty levitation magic, he made the bag the scoundrels stole float up into the air.

“Aah!” “The bag flew!?”

The scoundrels hurriedly stopped, and right after they tried to reach for the bag floating in midair, Thor’s sword danced cleanly and cut off their equipment and clothes.

“Gyah!”

I turned towards the two scoundrels, who were embarrassed for some reason,

Myr vis makia——O thorns, bind them.”

I used simple【Grass】magic and utilized the rose shrubs right at the edge of the street, slowly extending the thorns to bind up their unseemly naked bodies.

“Ow ow ow ow ow!” “The thorns are pricking me!”

The scoundrels were writhing in pain, but if they did that, the thorns would cut into their skin even more.

“Ahaha, how pathetic! It’s because you’re trying to steal other people’s belongings.”

“Who, who the hell’s this shitty brat~!”

“Are you sure you can talk to me like that? I’ll tie you up even tighter!”

“Milady, please stop playing with the scoundrels now. I do not know which is the villain.”

Thor returned the bag to the woman and chided me. It was almost always like this.



Comments

  1. Sorry to bother, but would you be interested in joining Foxaholic?

    We have no requirements on updates schedule (post as rarely as you want!) and you are free to translate whatever you want while making money through the ad revenue generated on the translations you post. You are more than welcome to translate projects for Foxaholic while maintaining your personal translation site. For more info, see here: http://foxaholic.com/join-us/

    If not, then thank you for your contributions to the translation community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the new update!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog