Maydare Volume 2 Other Side - Eska, Meaning the Ash-Covered Saint.

 Last chapter was the first one to hit 1k views within just a few days...I wonder why lol



“Ku-hah. Just barely. You seriously just barely passed the test, Makia O’Drielle.”


My name is Eska.


Eska means “ash-covered saint” in the old Vabel language.


I am an extremely great bishop dispatched from the Vabel State, an extremely strong bishop, a lethal judge, and the examiner who will determine whether or not Makia O’Drielle is worthy of being a Guardian.


I was sitting on the roof of the Diemo Cathedral, just watching Makia O’Drielle being carried away by a knight. In my hand, I had a sheaf of old papers with the scores that accompanied her actions written down on them.


“Well, when she started flirting with that man on holy ground, I of course had to give her minus 120 points. Also, the black-haired bastard who smashed through the stained glass windows that were a cultural heritage also gets minus 100 points!”


As I was aggressively scribbling down numbers based on this incident, 


“As ever, you’re as strict as a bishop in the strangest things.”


“Tch. Great, a pain in the ass is here.”


Before I knew it, that black-hearted spirit magician was right behind me. The second prince of the Kingdom of Ruschia, Ulysses...something something. 


He was looking down at me with a faint polite smile on his face. I wanna kill him.


“What do you think, Bishop Eska? Does Makia O’Drielle have your favor?”


“Hm. That was the〈Scarlet Witch’s〉command magic thing, right? It seems somewhat like a misfire this time, but certainly an amazing power. Well, it can’t compare to my strongest magic, though.”


“Fufu. That tear spell is very nostalgic. Do you know? The salt stones in the first labyrinth at magic school were created because the〈Scarlet Witch〉sobbed in that place.”


“Haaaah? Sobbing? That worst witch in the world?”


I turned around in spite of myself. He was chuckling, as though remembering something.


“The〈Black Demon King〉and the 〈White Sage〉made her cry. Many things had happened.”


“Haaaaah?”


I didn’t understand that situation at all. But I wasn’t interested either.


The only thing I somehow understood was why the first labyrinth was made of salt stones. I wasn’t interested in that either.


“Bishop Eska. I’ll leave Miss Makia to you, all right?”


“Hmph. Well, it looks like there’s some worth in training her hard.”


I looked sideways at the bastard with the creepy faint smile.


“I’d thought you’d want to train her. You like things that grow when you raise ‘em, don’t you? You were the one who dropped Makia O’Drielle into the second labyrinth on purpose.” 


I sarcastically said something that I vaguely suspected.


“...It was because there was something I wanted to show her no matter what in that place.”


He was still smiling faintly, but there was a chilling magical energy in the air around him.


It was hard to know what this guy was thinking, but it was surprisingly easy to sense the changes in his magical energy.


“There is another child I desperately want to awaken, so I will take charge of that one.”


“Aah. Is it the boy?”


I turned forward again and recalled the childish appearance of those two were no longer in sight.


The red-haired girl who kept crying and the black-haired boy who was so conflicted that it was irritating.


“Are those two really〈Scarlet〉and 〈Black〉? They just look like little kids to me.”


When I said that with a sigh, the air tensed up so much that I could feel it penetrate my body.


“It is impossible that I would mistake those two.”


The black-hearted man standing right next to me lowered his tone and declared.


As if in response to his magic power, the night wind blew and ruffled his hair.


I looked up at the black-hearted bastard with a sideways glance and snickered.


It became interesting. When I was thinking about pushing this guy’s buttons even more if it was gonna be that way, the black-hearted man smiled unnaturally. 


“By the way, dear brother-in-law.


“Don’t call me brother-in-law. Don’t call me brother-in-law.”


“Are you fine with this? The〈Blue Jester〉you hate so much has escaped, hasn’t he? You despise that thing so much you want to kill him, don’t you?”


“...Hah. You have some nerve askin’ such a disgusting question!”


 I stood, glared at the distant and dark skies and seas of the Kingdom of Ruschia, and while the wind was blowing strongly, I scattered the sheaf of papers up high.


“The next time we meet, I won’t let him escape! I’ll accomplishment my destiny from my past life in this life. That’s the reason why we were reincarnated into this era…!”


As the papers danced in the night sky, I noticed the hateful lingering scent of 〈Blue〉and jumped down into the alley behind the cathedral while holding my mitre on my head.


I followed the lingering scent and saw a white clown mask crawling steathily across the ground while trembling. It was a part of the〈Blue Jester〉who had possessed Eugene Batiste.


There was still a small amount of magic power left in it.


It was a grinning mask that pissed me off, like it was up to some trick.


I took out a gun from the breast of my clothing, put together a magic circle at the muzzle, and mercilessly shot out the mask many, many times, until it was in tiny pieces.


“Mea Dea. Let the hammer of justice slam down onto the evil of this world.”




My name is Eska.


If that is the absolute evil of this world, then I am the great justice of this world.




Comments

  1. All the heroes and villains of Maydare are being reincarnated?

    Thank you for this chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is getting bigger... So far my favorite Isekai Genre of the year....


    -The Manager

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I interpreted from my the reading is that Makia is the reincarnation of Oda and the Scarlet Witch. Thor is the reincarnation of Tooru Saitou and the Black Demon King. Professor Ulysses should be the reincarnation of the White Sage. The Wisteria Princess is the Wisteria princess 300 years ago. The Blue Jester is the Blue Jester from 300 years ago. The weird archbishop Eksa is the Archbishop of the Holy Ash. The guy who killed Oda and Saitou is probably the previous Savior(500 years ago). Also… this is a prediction but I’m not sure if it’s true… but I think Nero is the previous “Savior’s” brother. There Japanese character for their name we’re the same… It’s a guess not 100% sure. I did read some of the free parts of Volume 3 and 4. I need more! This is definitely my favorite isekai novel! I need more!!!

    Thank you for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your guesses are all onto something. I'll throw in that Lapis is probably Thor's sister, given that they look similar and since her family claims descent from the Black Demon King the same way Makia's family claims descent from the Scarlet Witch. The reincarnations may be running in bloodlines.

      Speaking of, I suspect shenanigans with Makia's family. The command phrase for the Scarlet Witch's spells can be read as "Maki Le Ruschia", the surname of the royal family.

      Delete
  4. You're probably getting an increase in views because the manga is being translated now and the last update ended on the cliff hanger of Makia smiling strangely after doing the string magic at the soiree. Everyone wants to know what happens next (including me lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unrelated but, I had a theory that Lune Ruschia Magic School got its name from the Scarlet Witch.

    Remember the incantation that Makia said? The "luci ah" in "Maki rie luci ah" sounds a lot similar to Ruschia.

    Is it possible that the school is a gift from the White Sage dedicated to the Scarlet Witch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apperently not a gift, but a project the three of them make to as a memorial that they respect each other.

      I still stand on the school name though.

      Delete
  6. the ones left are the gold and silver kings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog